Submit an application for a married relationship Licence
To have hitched in Nova Scotia, you’ll want a wedding Licence before a marriage is had by you ceremony. The licence is valid for a few months through the date it is released.
You’ll want a wedding Licence to have hitched in Nova Scotia. The licence is needed by you just before have actually a married relationship ceremony.
Having a marriage licence does mean you’re married n’t. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is legitimate for a couple of months through the date it is released.
You can look for a spiritual or ceremony that is civil.
A religious agent that you choose may perform examine the link the ceremony that is religious. The needs that are representative be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice associated with comfort or judge may perform the civil ceremony if they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You must have 2 people that are at the least 16 years old witness the ceremony.
Certification of wedding
At the time of the ceremony, your representative that is religious regarding the peace or judge can give you a memento certification. This document just isn’t proof that is legal of.
After a married relationship is registered, it is possible to make an application for a marriage that is official, which will be appropriate evidence of wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you are about to get hitched outside of Nova Scotia, you will need to contact the jurisdiction where in fact the marriage service will need spot for registration and licensing needs.
You may get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older and never presently hitched. You want a finalized consent kind if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals engaged and getting married want to finish the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form should be witnessed by the agent that is authorized. If both ongoing events aren’t offered to use in person, contact Vital Statistics. You’ll submit an application for a licence and obtain hitched in Nova Scotia even although you don’t reside in the province.
Just how to use
- Browse Access Nova Scotia or perhaps an issuer that is deputy of Licences in your community.
- Complete the application form form you are given by them.
- Check out the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment along with your application.
- Provide your finished application, supporting papers and re re payment to your Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a Marriage Licence.
- Offer your Marriage Licence to your spiritual agent, justice associated with the comfort or judge ahead of the wedding service.
Just how long it requires
The licence should be got by you straight away. It could take more time if more details is required or if perhaps your kind hasn’t been filled in properly.
re Payment options
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, money purchase, money. a cheque or cash purchase should really be made payable into the Minister of Finance. re Payment choices can vary greatly dependent on the way you use.
Prior to starting
Ensure you have actually:
- Signed piece of government-issued identification and proof of age for both social individuals engaged and getting married
- proof breakup if either person engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), combined with affidavit
- evidence of death if either individual engaged and getting married is widowed
- written permission of the moms and dads or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer gets the required consent forms)
Connect with get hitched at a Registry workplace
In the event that you want to get hitched at a Registry workplace, at the least per month prior to the ceremony, you and your spouse must go to an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage. The Notice stays legitimate for approximately 1 . 5 years.
You can lodge your Notice and book a consultation to wait an meeting at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Service Centre.
- The age that is marriageable 18 years. If somebody, perhaps not yet 18, desires to marry ahead of their eighteenth birthday, just a court empowered to offer a ‘Section 12′ order will give authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 individuals aged under 18 years aren’t allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding can be lodged ahead of the eighteenth birthday celebration, so long as the marriage happens following the birthday celebration.
Things you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of documents aren’t accepted.
How exactly to use
- Check out the eligibility demands.
- Down load and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the necessary paperwork.
- Find the ‘Book a consultation’ key.
- Go into the needed information.
- Go to your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with payment, and verify the date and time for the ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for approximately 1 . 5 years.
- The lodgement charge is non-refundable.
- If you want aid in planning your Registry marriage ceremony, complete the online Wedding reserving kind, while the Registry can get in touch with you.
Re re re Payment techniques
You are able to review deal re re re payment choices on our re payment techniques web web page.