Information for males that have sex with guys
Why have always been we more vulnerable to catching HIV or even an intimately sent Infection (STI)?
It’s important to simply simply just take protective measures in order to avoid HIV that is catching or STIs while having sex due to the fact danger is greater for males who’ve intercourse with guys compared to others. It is because the lining associated with rectum is much more delicate than the liner of a vagina and it’s also consequently more at an increased risk to become damaged.
Insertive anal intercourse (topping) is typically a lower danger for HIV than receptive rectal intercourse (bottoming), but both topping and bottoming during unprotected (condomless) anal intercourse is regarded as risky.
Guys who possess sex with men composed 45% of brand new HIV diagnoses in 2017 in britain. Within Solent Sexual Health males who possess intercourse with men comprised 48% of all of the brand new HIV diagnoses in 2018.
There are also increases within the quantity of Syphilis and Gonorrhoea diagnoses in Hampshire. Both these may be handed down by condomless intercourse also rectal intercourse.
With PrEP (Pre-exposure prophylaxis) being more readily available, many people could be placing themselves at greater risk of getting an STI as PrEP just protects against HIV transmission.
Cutting your chance of getting an STI or HIV
The easiest way to guard yourself if you are planning to have dental or rectal intercourse is make use of condom each and every time. Even though they aren’t 100% assured, whenever utilized correctly condoms are incredibly effective. Top strategies for making use of condoms.
Condoms appear in different sizes and varieties, consequently when you haven’t quite discovered the fit that is right feel, take to utilizing alternative sizes, brands and kinds to see just what is best suited for you. If you’re responsive to latex, decide to try making use of latex free condoms. Condoms can be obtained free via our Condoms by Post solution.
You can even lower your danger by:
- Utilizing lubrication. We advice water based lube, nevertheless this may be sticky or dry helping to make condom splitting much more likely. Keep refreshing it with an increase of lube or several falls of water during intercourse. Spit can spread some STIs, therefore avoid saliva that is using.
- Decreasing the wide range of intimate lovers you have got
- Getting tested for STIs before sex with some body advising and new that they even have tested. If you should be having regular alterations in sexual lovers then 3 month-to-month STI assessment is advised.
- Reducing other items that will impact your choices, such has eating too much liquor or using medications.
- Getting immunised (vaccinated) against Hepatitis B, Hepatitis a plus some forms of HPV.
You are having (Chemsex), it’s hot indian brides important to be informed of the risks involved and how to play as safely as possible if you use drugs as part of the sex. Some kinds of Chems pose a greater danger for you since they trigger long run health conditions such as for example despair, fat reduction and dependence that is psychological. To learn more about playing properly, click the link.
If you should be concerned which you have already been subjected to HIV just click here.
Professional solutions we could provide to you personally
- Hepatitis a for males
- Hepatitis B for guys
- Peoples Papillomavirus (HPV) for males aged between 15 and 45
MSM clinic (Center Xtra):
Clinic Xtra provides tailored solutions for males that have intercourse with guys including:
- post visibility prophylaxis for HIV (PEPSE)
- Support and advice for pre publicity prophylaxis for HIV (PrEP)
- Referrals for support around ChemSex and substance risk and misuse reduction
- STI treatment and testing
Hospital Xtra intimate wellness clinics can be found at:
- St Marys Hospital, Portsmouth: Thursday 5:00 – 7:00pm
- Royal Southern Hants Hospital, Southampton: Thursday 5:00 – 7:00pm
- Crown Heights, Basingstoke: Monday 5:00 – 7:00pm
- Andover wellness Centre: 10:30am – 12:00pm friday
Do you want make it possible to lower your danger?
If you would like to discover more regarding support available or further advice, you’ll organize to see certainly one of our overall health advertising professionals. Please contact 0300 300 2016 and have to talk with the Sexual Health marketing Team or e-mail email@example.com.
Are you currently confronted with HIV?
If you should be worried it’s likely you have been subjected to HIV (had unsafe sex with somebody whoever HIV status that you do not know, or know to stay positive and never on completely suppressed (undetectable) on therapy, or shared injecting gear), you might be qualified to receive Post-exposure Prophylaxis.
Effective HIV treatment (ART) lets people lead healthy lives that are active additionally protects their lovers. Whenever viral load is invisible on ART, HIV is not any longer sexually transmitted – with or without condoms. The ev
Post-exposure Prophylaxis ( PEPSE or PEP) is medicine you are able to simply simply just take in lowering the possibility of HIV transmission. It’s a month course that is very long of that is taken after non-safe sex where there is an increased danger of publicity. PEP or PEPSE should be used right as feasible after intercourse, and absolutely within 72 hours. The sooner it really is started a lot more likely it’s to operate. You need to have an evaluation having a nurse or doctor just before are prescribed this medicine. It is necessary which you conclude the course after you have started it.
If you’re concerned which you have now been subjected to HIV you really need to go to certainly one of our clinics, or an Accident and crisis division immediately.